The growth and utilization of the fodder are greatly influenced by seasons. Forage turn wither and yellow with less nutrients in winter. Yet, forage grow vigorous with more nutrients so that livestock and Cattle Sheepcan’t eat them up in warm seasons. So, in order to make full use of grass in the warm season to make the effect to come true, the livestock and poultry can be fed in winter with the grass pellets conserved in process of mowing, drying, crushing.
Grass pellets are pellets that made of grass. Grass is the main food of herbivores, like cattle, horse, rabbit, sheep etc. So, the grass pellets can be used to feed livestock. Compared to grass, grass pellets are convenient for storage and transportation. They contains less dust and debris, are more easy to digest for the animals than common grass.
In fact, grass pellets can also used as fuel for heating if the moisture are accurately controlled. Grass pellets may produce more ash than wood pellets, and the calorie in grass pellets is not so much wood pellets, but the grass pellets are still a well-accepted method in Europe for a long time. In a word, the grass pellets are an excellent choice for both feed and fuel.
To make grass pellets, we should have a grass pellet machine first. According to the customers' need, there are small pellet mills and large-scale ring-die pellet mill for you to choose. Small pellet mills is suitable for household and small business. The large scale pellet mill is mainly used for making commercial pellets.
Before process the grass by the pellet mill, we should crush the raw materials firstly. In this process, you may need a hammer mill. The we should screen the dust and hard objects out in case that the impurities harm the pellet mill machine. And the moisture should be adjusted, usually, the grass material should be of 13-16% moist. Then we can start to pelletizing the grass pellets. If there is any accident occurred, please check our pellet mill problems troubleshooting series and find solutions. After pelletizing, you may need to cool the pellets down. If you make pellets for home, just put the pellets in some cool ventilated place, but if you make pellets for business, you may need a counterflow cooler. Finally, you can pack the pellets by a pellet packing machine, or just leave them still.
Grass Pellet Machine
1. The growth and utilization of the fodder are greatly influenced by seasons. Forage turn wither and yellow with less nutrients in winter . Yet, forage grow vigorous with more nutrients so that livestock can’t eat them up in warm seasons. So, in order to make full use of grass in the warm season to make the effect to come true, the livestock and poultry can be fed in winter with the grass pellets conserved in process of mowing, drying, crushing.
2. High transform rate. Feeding the livestock and poultry with the grass feed pellets in winter, we can gain more meat, egg and milk with less forage.
3. Small volume. Grass pellet is only around 1/4 of the raw materials in volume in favorable for storage and transportation. In addition, less dust is beneficial to the health of human and animals.
4. To increase palatability and improve the quality of forage.
For instance, sweet clover possesses a flavor of coumarin which livestock more or less don’t like it. However, it becomes another forage with a a strong palatability and high nutritional value.
5. To spread the source of fodder
Such as caragana, optimal quinoa, hedysarummaxim. Etc which have the thick branches turn to the favorable forage once processed into the grass pellets after crushing. Moreover, secondary product of other crops such as abortive shell, straw as well as all kinds of leaves also can be processed into grass pellets and feed livestock and poultry.
The above is the article for you: How To Make Grass Pellets For Poultry Cattle Sheep And Pig. If you are interested in our products or project solutions, please contact us. We will give you the best product quality and the best price. Email: email@example.com