Biomass pellet machine is a kind of biomass energy pretreatment equipment. Mainly use biomass from agricultural and forestry processing such as wood chips, straw, rice husk, bark and other biomass as raw materials, and solidify it into high-density pellet fuel through pretreatment and processing.
The raw materials of biomass pellets come from a wide range of sources, such as sawdust, waste wood, shavings, bark, branches, sanding powder remaining after wood processing and wood-based panels; agricultural and food crop residues; and various types of biomass for heat. Material raw materials, without adding any binder, can be processed into pellet fuel through the processing of pellet machine.
What Are the Raw Materials of the Biomass Pellet Machine?
It can be seen that there are three main sources of raw materials for biomass pellet machinery, namely, crop stalks, forestry residues and municipal solid waste.
1. Crop stalks: corn stalks, wheat stalks, cotton stalks, corn cobs, rice straws, rice husks, corn stalks and other grain stalks.
2. Forestry residues: Forestry, wood, construction template, furniture manufacturers will leave some leftovers after production, such as sawdust, shavings, wood chips, leftovers, etc., which can be used as raw materials for biomass pellet machines.
3. Raw materials of domestic garbage: Garbage refers to the organic matter discharged from human daily life and production. For example, chicken manure, cow manure, horse manure, etc., can be made into fuel pellets or organic fertilizer pellets through an organic fertilizer pellet machine.
1. Strict Moisture Requirements
Biomass sawdust pellet machine raw materials have strict moisture requirements. Regardless of the raw materials, the moisture content must be kept within a range (preferably 14%-20%). If it is too dry, it will not form, and the moisture will easily loosen.
2. The Adhesive Force of the Material Itself
The raw material itself must have adhesion. If not, the products extruded by the biomass pellet machine are either not shaped or loose and easily broken. Therefore, if you see that materials that are not adhesive by themselves can be pressed into pellets or blocks, the raw materials must have moved their hands or feet, or have been fermented or added with adhesives.
3. Add Adhesive?
Pure sawdust can be used to make wood pellets without adding other binders, because wood chips are a kind of crude fiber raw material, which has a certain degree of adhesion. After being compressed by the wood pellet machine, it can be formed naturally, and it will be very strong. The pressure of the pellet machine is very large.
4. Is It Okay to Mix Different Kinds of Wood Chips?
It is said that pure sawdust is used, not that it cannot be mixed with other kinds of sawdust. All kinds of wood sawdust, shavings sawdust, mahogany, poplar wood, and scraps from furniture factories are also acceptable. More broadly, things like crop stalks and peanut shells can be used as raw materials for the wood pellet machine. Of course, the pellets made cannot be called wood pellets, but biomass pellets.
5. The Size of the Raw Material After Crushing
Sawdust, tree branches and other raw materials must be crushed by a pulverizer to be granulated. The size of the pulverization should be determined according to the expected particle diameter and the aperture size of the pellet machine mold. If the crushing is too large or small, it will affect the output, and even cause no discharge.
6. What to Do if the Raw Material Becomes Mildew
The raw material is mildewed, the color becomes black, and the cellulose in the wood chips is decomposed by microorganisms and cannot be pressed into qualified particles. If you have to use it, it is recommended to add more than 50% of fresh wood chips to mix and use, otherwise it will not be able to be pressed into qualified pellets.
The above is the article for you: What Are the Raw Materials of the Biomass Pellet Machine?. If you are interested in our products or project solutions, please contact us. We will give you the best product quality and the best price. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org