Every piece of equipment has its own service life. The ring die pellet mill is not exceptional. If you look a ring die for pellet mill, there is a silver shining metal ring with numerous deep holes drilling through the surface, arranging in a logistic way, this is the ring die. The heart of a pellet mill.
How Many Tons of Pellets Can Be Compressed by the Ring Die of the Pellet Mill?
The service life of a ring die of a biomass pellet machine is measured not by the actual working hours but by the amount of material that the pellet mill can process. On average, the normal quality ring die can last for dealing with 3,000 tons of material. The better quality ring die may last for dealing with more than 5,000 tons of material, even 7,000 tons.
Ring Die of the Pellet Mill
In addition to the quality itself, the ring die service life may be longer or shorter deciding by several factors, such as the material, the operation behavior, the maintenance habit, etc.
Being said that, you can extend the service life of a ring die by carefully follow the tips below:
1. For ring die that is not using, keep it away from web environment to avoid corrosion.
2. After the pellet mill stops working for every shift, get rid of the material that remains in the holes. Otherwise, the residual material is becoming harder while the remaining heat is transferred to the material. It results in ring die crack at the worst situation.
3. For feeding material that needs resizing, resize them in a stable, uniform size. This helps to prevent the material from causing internal damage.
4. If necessary, install a magnetic device so that the metal particles can be sorted out before the material entering into the pressing area.
5. The gap between the roller and the ring die largely impact the pellet mill efficiency as well as the equipment service lifetime. Keep the gap between 0.1mm and 0.3 mm. While this is a rule of thumb, you still need to keep an eye on it in your actual production.
6. Some special process technology may increase the output but decrease the ring die duration. Extra maintenance shall be done if this is your case.
The above is the article for you: How Many Tons of Pellets Can Be Compressed by the Ring Die of the Pellet Mill?. If you are interested in our products or project solutions, please contact us. We will give you the best product quality and the best price. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the sales contract, the order tracking clerk checks the models and quantities of each machine and spare parts.
Quality Test Before Delivery
Upon completion of the manufacturing of equipment, tthe quality inspector strictly checks quality of every machine with the checklist.
Check Items When Packing
Before packaging and shipment, the order tracking clerk checks the packaged items again with the packing list to avoid loss of items.
Sign the contract
Adopting international common standards for accurate design of product packaging, prevent product damage rate and the effective use of transport tools, which ensure the perfect delivery of products.
Get the minimum offer free of charge, please fill in the following information to tell us (confidential information, not open to the public)