Origin of the 1.5-2 t/h concentrated feed mill in Chile project
The client of this concentrated feed mill in Chile project originally ran a small livestock and poultry feed factory. Based on the prospects and profit margins of the concentrated feed market, the customer removed the original livestock and poultry feed production line and set up a concentrated feed production line in the existing factory.
The project covers a total area of approximately 1,744m2 and will produce 4,200t of concentrated feed per year after completion.
- Construction nature: new construction
- Product type: Concentrated feed
- Annual output: 4200t/a
- Investment amount: 400,000 USD
- Investigate the marketing channels and determine the type of feed to be produced. Including feed quality and output requirements, and determining the formula for feed processing.
- Number of employees: 10 people
- Working system: Single shift system, 8 hours per shift, 300 working days per year
- Ground layout: The concentrated feed plant in Chile project covers an area of 3744m2 and has a construction area of 6048m2, mainly including production workshops, offices, etc. The workshop layout has clear functional divisions and reasonable process flow. Therefore, the layout is relatively reasonable from the perspective of convenient production, safe management, and environmental protection.
Specific economic and technical indicators of this concentrated feed mill in Chile are shown in the table below:
|Project content and scale
|Building 1, 2F, the first floor is used as a production workshop, and the second floor is mainly used as a laboratory.
|Building 1, 3F, is used for offices.
|Located on the northeast side of the 1st floor of the workshop, it provides heat for the sterilization process.
|Sewage treatment station
|Located on the northeast side of the 1st floor of the workshop, it treats production wastewater.
Main equipment for the small premix feed plant project
The main equipment of the concentrated feed mill in Chile project is shown in the table below:
|Intelligent training cabin
|Substrate sterilization line
|25 kg specification
|For mixing use
|Centrifugal spray dryer
|Vacuum sealing machine
|Steam cabinet (small)
|Natural gas steam boiler
|Sewage treatment facilities
Raw and auxiliary material consumption
environmental protection investment
The environmental protection investment of this concentrated feed mill in Chile project is mainly used for waste gas, waste water, noise, solid waste, etc. The environmental protection investment accounts for about 0.6% of the total investment. The details of the main environmental protection investment of the project are shown in the table below.
|Environmental protection equipment name
|Low nitrogen burner, ozone deodorization, bag dust collector, activated carbon adsorption, exhaust pipe
|Sewage treatment station, septic tank (anti-seepage)
|Shock absorbing pads, soundproof windows, etc.
|Solid waste temporary storage room, hazardous waste temporary storage room
process flow of 1.5-2t/h concentrated feed mill in Chile
- Activation: The strain is diluted with water, the test tube strain is activated, and then enters the Erlenmeyer flask for fermentation. The culture temperature is 28°C and the cycle is 3 days.
- Expansion culture: Equipment: 50-500L fully automatic fermentation tank, prepare nutrient liquid culture medium, sterilize (sterilize at 121°C for 20 minutes), the project uses 1 (1t/h) natural gas steam boiler for sterilization Treatment, natural cooling and then inoculation and culture, the secondary liquid fermentation cycle is 48 hours.
- Premixing treatment: After the solid matrix is soaked, the mixing ratio (rice, bran, rice bran, bean hulls, etc.) is the solid culture medium, and the fully automatic sterilization equipment is sterilized for 10 minutes at a temperature of 100°C. The material has high humidity and no particles are produced during the mixing process.
- Solid-liquid two-phase fermentation: Cool the solid culture medium to below 40°C, inoculate the secondary liquid for propagation. After the bacteria are cultured at room temperature, the culture temperature is 25-30°C, and the cycle is 5-7 days.
- Drying treatment: The materials after two-way fermentation are slightly dried by a dehumidifier, and no waste gas is produced.
- Crushing: Add a certain proportion of soybean meal and put it into the crusher for crushing.
- Mixing: After the materials are crushed and mixed by a mixer, the finished product is obtained.
Project water includes production water (solid matrix soaking water, dilution bacterial powder water, boiler water, fermentation tank and other equipment cleaning water, laboratory water) and domestic water.
- Soaking water for solid matrix: The soaking water for solid matrix is 30% of the material. The total material consumption is 3000t/a, so the water consumption for soaking the solid matrix is about 900t/a.
- Water for diluting bacterial powder: the water consumption is 0.5t/d, and the annual working time is 300d, the consumption is about 150t/a. All goes into the product and nothing comes out.
- Boiler water: The concentrated feed mill in Chile project is equipped with 1 (1t/h) natural gas steam boiler. The rated evaporation capacity of the boiler is 1t/h. The annual operating time of the boiler is 900h. The actual evaporation capacity is approximately 765t/a based on 85% of the rated evaporation capacity. The steam It flows back to the boiler for circulation through the radiator trap. The boiler steam condensation loss and regular blowdown loss account for about 10% of the steam circulation volume. It is estimated that the steam condensation water loss of the project steam boiler is about 76.5t/a. The boiler water for this concentrated feed mill in Chile project is softened water, which is provided by a soft water preparation system. The soft water preparation system mainly uses the "reverse osmosis membrane" process to prepare softened water. The soft water preparation rate is 70%, so the fresh water consumption is 109.3t/a. Soft water preparation The system’s concentrated water production is 32.8t/a.
- Water for cleaning of fermentation tanks and other equipment: Clean once every 6 days, the water consumption per time is 0.4t, and the total consumption is about 20t/a.
- Laboratory water consumption: 1.67t/d, working for 300 days, total consumption is about 500t/a.
The project wastewater mainly includes production wastewater (solid matrix soaking wastewater, boiler drainage, fermentation tank and other equipment cleaning wastewater, laboratory wastewater, pure water preparation concentrated water) and domestic sewage.
- Solid matrix immersion wastewater: occupying 10% of the water volume, the wastewater production volume is about 90t/a.
- Boiler wastewater: The regular boiler wastewater discharge is about 3% of the boiler circulating water volume, so the boiler regular wastewater discharge is 23t/a.
- Cleaning wastewater such as fermentation tanks: the production volume is about 95% of the water consumption, then the volume of cleaning wastewater is 19t/a.
- Laboratory wastewater: The production volume is about 450t/a.
- Preparation of concentrated water from pure water: The production volume of concentrated water is 32.8t/a.
The total production wastewater production of the concentrated feed mill in Chile project is 614.8t/a. After being treated by a set of underground integrated sewage treatment stations (biological treatment processes) in the factory area, it passes through the municipal sewage pipe network and is finally discharged into the sewage treatment plant for treatment.
The domestic sewage production volume is calculated as 85%, and the discharge volume is 127.5t/a. After treatment by septic tank (anti-seepage), it is discharged into the municipal sewage pipe network, and finally discharged into the sewage treatment plant for treatment.
Environmental management of concentrated feed mill in Chile
1.Waste gas control measures
|Pollution production link
|Pollution prevention facilities
|Natural gas steam boiler
|Particulate matter, SO2, NOx, Ringelmann blackness
|Low-nitrogen combustion technology, boiler + 1 15m exhaust pipe P1.
|Integrated exhaust in a confined space + activated carbon adsorption device treatment + 15m high exhaust cylinder P2.
|Crushing and mixing
|Crushing and mixing
|Gas collecting hood + bag dust collector + exhaust tube P3.
Noise sources and noise reduction measures
The noise in this concentrated feed mill in Chile project mainly comes from natural gas steam boilers, air compressors, fans, sewage treatment station supporting equipment and other equipment. The noise source intensity is 65-80dB(A).
In order to reduce the impact on the surrounding acoustic environment, the project can consider noise prevention and control measures from the aspects of sound insulation and noise reduction. Specific governance measures that can be taken are as follows:
- During the equipment installation process, the equipment should be placed firmly, maintain good contact with the ground, and use a vibration-absorbing base. The use of a vibration-absorbing base is a simple and effective method of shock absorption;
- During the production process, strengthen inspection, maintenance and upkeep of mechanical equipment, maintain lubrication, tighten various components, and reduce operating vibration and noise;
- Strengthen vehicle management. Vehicles must turn off their engines when entering the factory area and try to avoid honking their horns.
Solid waste management measures
The solid waste generated during the operation of the 1.5-2t/h concentrated feed mill in Chile project mainly includes: waste packaging materials, sewage treatment station sludge, dust collected by dust collectors and ground dust, waste reverse osmosis membranes, waste activated carbon and domestic garbage.
- Waste packaging materials: According to the information provided by the construction unit, waste packaging materials are 1t/a.
- Sewage treatment station sludge: The amount of sludge is related to the wastewater treatment process, the amount of suspended solids removed, and the biochemical oxygen demand. Based on empirical estimates of sludge production, the amount of dry sludge (without moisture) is approximately The total BOD5 content is 85%, which is about 1.9t/a, and the sludge production volume of this 1.5-2t/h concentrated feed mill in Chile project is about 2.4t/a. The raw materials used in the project do not contain heavy metals, and there is no contact with heavy metals during the production process. Therefore, the sludge generated by the sewage treatment station does not contain heavy metals and is classified as general industrial solid waste. The sludge from the sewage treatment station is filtered and entrusted to a qualified unit for collection and treatment.
- Dust collected by the dust collector and dust collected on the ground: the amount of dust collected by the dust collector is 0.16t/a, and the amount of dust collected on the ground is 0.013t/a.
- The reverse osmosis membrane should be replaced according to the actual situation, and the amount of each replacement is about 0.1t.
A separate small workshop is set up for the fermentation process of the project. The odor generated during the fermentation process is exhausted through the entire closed space and then enters the activated carbon adsorption device for treatment. After treatment, it is discharged through a 15m high exhaust pipe P2.
The fermentation waste gas generated in the project is small. Based on 5kg/a, every 100kg activated carbon absorbs 20kg of waste gas pollutants to reach saturation. Therefore, approximately 25kg/a of activated carbon must be used in this project.
The 1.5-2t/h concentrated feed mill in Chile project is equipped with a 30kg activated carbon adsorption box, and the activated carbon is replaced approximately once a year. The amount of waste activated carbon produced is about 0.035t/a.
The collection and storage process of hazardous waste must be managed according to the following requirements:
- There are packaging containers and personal protective equipment for collection personnel that meet the requirements.
- Hazardous waste collection containers should be labeled with hazardous waste labels in a conspicuous place, and hazardous waste warning signs should be set in conspicuous places at the collection site.
- Hazardous waste labels should indicate the following information: main chemical components or hazardous waste names, quantities, physical forms, hazard categories, safety measures, as well as the name, address, contact person and telephone number of the hazardous waste generating unit.
- It shall not be mixed or stored together with incompatible wastes, nor shall non-hazardous wastes be mixed into hazardous wastes for storage. "Temporary storage requirements for hazardous wastes. Hazardous waste dumpsites should meet the "Pollution Control Standards for Storage of Hazardous Wastes".
The 1.5-2t/h concentrated feed mill in Chile project has a labor capacity of 10 people, and domestic waste is calculated at 0.5kg per person per day. Domestic waste is generated annually at RMB 15/a, which is regularly cleared and transported by the local environmental sanitation department.